Highlight: Medium-firm futon custom-made to order using USDA organic cotton with a dash of wool as a natural flame retardant. Available in sizes twin to Cali king and from 1.5-inches to 8-inches deep. Chemical-free and hypoallergenic!
At a glance:
- Pricing: $886 – $4,795 (5-inch Queen $2,649)
- Materials: USDA organic cotton, wool, nylon thread
- Certifications: USDA organic
- Sleep Trial: N/A and no returns
- Depth: 1.5-inch massage mat, 3-inch Stowaway, 5-inch Futon, 6-inch Mattress, 7-inch Mattress, 8-inch Mattress
- Sizes: Twin, Full/Double, Queen, Eastern King, Twin XL, and Cali King, cushion/mattress sample available
- Best for: Most adults and kids
- No prescription required!
- Available in a wide variety of sizes and depths
- Less firm than the Zen Sleeper and suitable for more adults and kids
- Ships faster than the Pastoral Savvy Rest futon
- Comprises 95% organic cotton (USDA)
- Made in the U.S. using U.S.-grown cotton
- Custom made to order
- Sample cushion available
- Very heavy
- Only USDA organic, not GOTS
- Nylon thread used for tufting
- Not vegan (check out the Homesteader above)
- Still too firm for some adults
The Farmstead organic cotton and wool futon from Rawganique is a little softer than the Zen Sleeper and offers medium-firm support suitable for most adults and kids.
What’s in it?
The Farmstead futon comprises 95% USDA organic cotton, with the remaining 5% comprising a layer of organic wool as a natural flame barrier. Rawganique stitches the futon together with organic cotton but uses cotton-covered nylon for tufting to ensure durability.
Why we love the Farmstead from Rawganique
We love that the Farmstead is made with U.S.-grown organic cotton and responsibly sourced wool, by a company committed to sustainability and the avoidance of toxic chemicals.
You can purchase the Farmstead futon in sizes Twin to Cali King and in a variety of depths. The futon weighs a little less than the Zen Sleeper (which has 15% more fill), clocking in at 166 lb. for the 8-inch Cali King.
The wool flame barrier means this futon is available in up to an 8-inch build without a doctor’s prescription.
The Farmstead is medium-firm, which will suit more people than the firmer Zen Sleeper. It’s a good choice for stomach-sleepers, some back-sleepers, and some average to heavier side-sleepers, though the latter might want to add a soft latex mattress topper for pressure point relief.
If you’re not sure about the firmness or materials, check out the cushion or mattress sample first.
What we don’t love
The Farmstead is non-returnable and likely too firm still for lighter adults, especially side-sleepers. It’s also very heavy.