Rawganique Fairhaven Vegan Firm 100% Organic Cotton Futon Mattress
Highlight: A pure organic cotton futon suitable for vegans, with no wool, latex, or chemical flame retardants. Offers firm support, ideal for stomach- and back-sleepers. Available in Twin to Cali King and in 1.5-inch to 8-inch thicknesses.
At a glance:
- Pricing: $561 – $4,574 (5-inch Queen $2,594)
- Materials: USDA organic cotton, nylon thread
- Certifications: USDA organic
- Sleep Trial: N/A and no returns
- Depth: 1.5-inch massage mat, 3-inch Stowaway, 5-inch Futon, 6-inch Mattress, 7-inch Mattress, 8-inch Mattress
- Sizes: Twin, Full/Double, Queen, Eastern King, Twin XL, and Cali King, cushion/mattress sample available
- Best for: Average to heavier adult stomach-sleepers and some back-sleepers
- Available in a wide range of sizes and depths
- Wool-free and vegan
- American-made with U.S.-grown organic cotton (USDA)
- Custom made to order
- Sample cushion available
- Ships faster than the Pastoral Savvy Rest futon
- Too firm for most adults, especially lighter individuals
- Not GOTS certified
- Very heavy in larger sizes!
If you’re looking for a vegan futon made without wool or latex, check out Rawganique’s Fairhaven firm Organic Cotton Futon Mattress. Firmer than the similarly vegan Rawganique Homesteader model, the Fairhaven is a great choice for larger adults and anyone who sleeps on their back or stomach.
What’s in it?
The Fairhaven comprises entirely USDA organic cotton, with the exception of a tiny amount of cotton-covered nylon for stronger tufting.
This futon has 15% more fill than the Homesteader, making it the vegan equivalent of the Rawganique Zen Sleeper. As such, if you’re looking for a futon without a doctor’s prescription and don’t need it to be vegan, the Zen Sleeper is your easiest option.
What we love about the Fairhaven futon
The Fairhaven is a very firm futon ideal for average to heavier stomach-sleepers and some back-sleepers. Lighter adults may also like this futon, though they may want a little more plushness than it provides. If this turns out to be the case, adding a mattress topper may help provide necessary pressure point relief.
We love that the Fairhaven is entirely organic, vegan, chemical-free, and is handmade to order with cotton grown in the U.S.
The Fairhaven ships free in the contiguous U.S., typically within 10-14 days of ordering.
What we don’t love
Because there’s no wool or chemical flame retardant in the Fairhaven, you’ll need a doctor’s prescription to purchase this futon in a build thicker than five inches.
The Fairhaven is also very heavy, weighing 186 lb. for an 8-inch Cali King.
Note that you can’t return the Fairhaven, so you might want to check out a sample cushion before committing to the full futon.